We’re Working Together to Make a Difference
Our efforts affect the DREAMers we support, their families and communities, their colleges, and the country at large. Together, we are building the American Dream one graduate at a time.
BUILDING A NATIONWIDE MOVEMENT OF SCHOLARS
With the opportunity of a college education, each of our Scholars has a new sense of hope and a mission – that’s amplified across their families, their communities, and ultimately the nation. People can now envision a future they thought might not be possible.
RAISING THE BAR AT OUR PARTNER COLLEGES
Our over 3,500 (current Spring 2019) Scholars are setting examples through their persistence–which is above the national average for all students and significantly above their peers–and the ways they engage with their campus communities. They are leading their student bodies, starting DREAMer clubs, and graduating with honors.
“I [received] so much support and a strong foundation for my career and I can’t wait to start building upon it,”
STRENGTHENING COLLEGES THROUGH EFFECTIVE PRACTICES
We are working with our Partner Colleges to identify and implement policies and actions that support the college success of DREAMers and all students. Our collaborative projects include:
Read Don Graham's Five Year Summary Report
Don’s letter provides a detailed report on the status of our program, our Scholar’s performance, and our vision forward.
In it, you will see…
Retention and Graduation performance information
Our Partner College Model and explanation on why it is working
Analysis of the problem on hand
Our vision of the way forward
WORKING WITH INSTITUTIONS AND THE GOVERNMENT TO RAISE AWARENESS
We’re collaborating with an esteemed group of allies to help DREAMers get to college and change the public’s hearts and minds, by:
- Partnering with Department of Education to launch college resource guide for DREAMers;
- Partnering with Migration Policy Institute to educate and inform policy makers on the plight of DREAMers;
- Serving as Counsel to the White House Task Force on New Americans;
- Partnering with DREAMer organizations to increase college access
- Working with education organizations to encourage National and State legislators to pass laws
- Sharing the success story of our Scholars through national and local media
BUILDING OUR NATION'S FUTURE
When our Scholars succeed, the nation prospers. The facts are compelling. College graduates:
- Typically earn 66% more than a high school graduate
- Are more than twice as likely to be employed,
- Are twice as likely to participate in society as a volunteer and
- Are nearly twice as likely to vote.