New Scholar Central
We’ve created this one-stop-shop for all things related to your TheDream.US orientation. You will still receive our emails, but you can also bookmark this page to find the same info all in one place!
Countdown to the New Scholar Welcome on Aug 2nd at 2:00 pm ET!
Congratulations and welcome to TheDream.US family!
With your Scholarship comes a few responsibilities. We will be sending you an email each Wednesday over the next few weeks with steps to help orient you to our program. See below!
EMAIL 1 of 5 (sent 5/25/22)
Summer Career Series
July 14th – July 28th
New Scholar Welcome
Step 3: Make sure your ISTS Portal has a current email that you will regularly check so you don’t miss anything. Do not use your old high school email or one that may be deactivated, or you will miss important communications from us.
EMAIL 2 of 5 (sent 6/01/22)
- To access the group, go to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheDream.US/
- Click on the “+ Join Group” button on the left-hand side of the page.
- If you are not automatically accepted, please answer the membership questions to help us verify that you are a new Scholarship recipient.
Note: If you do not have a current Facebook profile, it is your choice if you would like to create one to access the group. Joining the Scholars’ group is not mandatory but it is a wonderful place to be!
If you haven’t yet: Make sure your ISTS Portal has a current email that you will regularly check so you don’t miss anything. Do not use your old high school email or one that may be deactivated, or you will miss important communications from us.
Step 3: We communicate important, time-sensitive announcements via text message. You will receive a welcome text message in the next week or so. You simply need to save the number as “TheDream.US” in your phone.
EMAIL 3 of 5 (sent 6/15/22)
- Download/bookmark and read your specific Scholarship Program Guide to learn the Scholarship policies;
- Complete the Acknowledgement Form here (same form for both programs) by August 2, 2022.
EMAIL 4 of 5 (sent 6/29/22)
In this 4th onboarding email, we want to share a couple of ways to maximize your TheDream.US award and cover your total cost of attendance.
A. Your Program Guide
B. Apply for other Scholarships and State Aid (if available)
If you live in a state where undocumented students can apply for state aid (CO, IL, NJ, NY, and TX), you must do so! Work with your Financial Aid Advisor to make sure you don’t miss any deadlines.
C. Take core classes for free online with Modern States
D. Find other ways to cut costs
We created this handout that explains the “total cost of attendance” (including books, transportation, etc) and provides ways to manage or cover it all as you earn your degree.
EMAIL 5 of 5 (sent 7/13/22)
Register now for our New Scholar Welcome event! Click here
Suggestions for a picture of you, e.g.:
- At campus;
- With your family;
- At your job;
Suggestions for a quote, e.g.:
- Why you’re proud of being a TheDream.US Scholar;
- Thanking the founders/donors/program;
- Inspirational quote;
- Overall feelings of beginning/continuing your college journey
- Message to your future self at graduation
Suggestions for a video (30 seconds or less), e.g.:
- Tik-Tok style video
- Thank you message to friends, family, and supporters
- Message to your past self and what the future awaits