Career Advancement with ALPFA: 3 things to do now!
By Sadhana Singh April 28, 2020
Current Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors:
ALPFA (Association of Latino Professionals For America) has many opportunities for you to network with professionals, learn about a variety of companies, and connect with recruiters.
The time to start thinking about your career and job after college is now!
ALPFA can help you in 3 ways:
1. Become an ALPFA member. Students who sign up before May 15th will receive a one-year FREE PREMIUM membership. We highly encourage you to join to get access to mentors, events and jobs.
Become a Member – Choose premium membership, enter your information, and under Membership Information choose “Student Premium Membership Annual Renewal”, then enter Promotional code “ALPFACares”. You may also select a no cost Basic Student Membership for multiple years.
2. Attend their Spring 2020 Virtual Student Symposium – an event designed to bring students and companies together for an interactive learning, networking and recruiting experience! The 3 day (2-3 hrs a day) event will feature:
- A Leadership Panel of professionals offering insight on advancement and career progression,
- Student workshops on wealth creation, community engagement, entrepreneurship, and other topics, and
- A Career Fair at the end of each day
Register here – First 300 students to register will get access.
To attend you must be a student member of ALPFA, so we recommend doing step 1 first!
3. Apply to their Fellowship Program. Operation Helping Hands is designed to help companies create meaningful engagement for their employees with the Hispanic community.
Over the 8-week program, ALPFA Fellows will be put into teams (Pods) that together will solve an assigned real-life business or societal problem chosen by our partner organizations. The Fellowship also includes 1-2 hours of weekly professional development training.
For more information and to sign up go here.
Deadline to apply: May 15th
We encourage you to get to know ALPFA and connect to great opportunities and people!